Sunday, May 9, 2010

Patience is a Virtue!!

If some of you shop at Target as avidly as I do you have probably seen Merona's "Collection" in the womens slash misses - I'm not sure what I'd call it except not Juniors. It's like the kind of stuff I'd buy all the time if I had an exceptionally well paying job... haha :)
Well, generally I never buy this stuff because I just can't see myself spending that much money on a dress that I'd probably only wear to church or an occasional (and I stress the word occasional) nice evening out. I DO however love to shop the Target clearance racks!! The other day I found these two great Merona Collection dresses that I had been eye-ing since they came out a several weeks before Easter. They were on clearance for 75% off; I couldnt believe it. I actually didn't buy them right away, I went back the next day and luckily, they were both still there in my size!
I also just want to mention that this has never happened to me - living in Athens, all the good stuff is usually long gone before it goes 75% with all the students and two counties shopping at one Target Store. Here in Florida there are two Super Targets relatively close to me and generally the clothing doesn't go as quickly since tourists usually aren't there for that.
Here are the two dresses:
I like this one because it's modest, I can wear it without having to worry that I'm not covering everything up. It will look great with just a few accessories such as white heels and belt.

This one is strapless but it has a lot of colors in it - yellow, an orangey pink, seafoam green - all I'll have to do to make this one work is add a colorful cardigan!!

This is the best part - I got both these babies for ten bucks each. love love love TARGET!!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Girl, you crack me up. I absolutely LOVED those dresses when we got them in and thought of you as the perfect person to wear them. I'm SOOO glad you got them, especially for 75% off! That's amazing. I am CONSTANTLY shopping the clearance at Target. I've trained Michael pretty well to check the end caps in every section, too. I usually always come home from work with a Target bag. I got a king size quilt for $25... it was 75% off. I waited and waited for that thing to go 75%. Patience truly is a virtue. Did you see the new Merona dresses we got in? The purple and blue ones? So precious. Your name is all over it. Not too crazy about the orange and white, though. I'm not sure if they're Collection. They clearanced a bunch of infant hardlines stuff at my store so I hope you browsed that section at your store, too. I wish we could shop together more often. I miss our Target shopping excursions!!