Saturday, April 12, 2008

Surprise Party

So... this weekend some friends from work decided to throw a surprise party. Another girl that we work with in PreK, Whitney, just got engaged and everyone just found out that I am expecting.... Our friends told me it was for Whitney and they told her it was for me; they had tricked us both!!! So, on the night of the party we all get there and we find that it is actually a surprise party for the both of us.... a sort of "before and after" party - so to speak!
Let me just begin by saying a couple of the women that we work with are pretty crazy... they made a "special" cake for the bride-to-be, and the party favors were the sort you'd probably only find at a place like Spencers. They had all kinds of finger foods - Zaxby's chicken fingers, a vegetable platter, fruit, chips and dip, pizza, cheese sticks, and varios types of soft drinks.
We spent the evening/night talking about experiences that happen at work and other things in general. We laughed and laughed, so hard that there were some of us to tears. It was so much fun! Then they made us sit down and open a few little gifts. Whitney got mostly gag gifts and just things that are funny... she got some edible underwear - for him, some sex dice, a fantasy coupon book, some candy, and an intimacy spinner.... yea, I think she got set for the honeymoon night!! :)
As for me, I got pampers, baby wipes, some toys, some green & yellow play jumpers, one of those cold care kits, and a gift card. I thought that was way sweet, especially since I wasn't really expecting anything - I just thought it was a party to celebrate Whitney's engagement. It was so thoughtful of those girls to do something like that - I felt so special because I've never had a surprise party before!
We usually go out to eat once every couple of weeks - those of who work in PreK, but I have to say that the food, laughter, and fun were awesome that night. I am thankful for such great friends and wonderful co-workers.

No comments: