Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Sunday


Today was General Conference and like every General Conference we went and spent the day with the Perschka family at Alex's grandmothers. We ate barbeque and watched conference and just relaxed and enjoyed the day. There were some amazing talks, but like always I am looking forward to when they come out in the Ensign, so that I can read them and fully take in the messages. This was the first conference that I fell asleep during it - I have just been so tired lately that sometimes I can't help dozing off!!
The biggest news of the day is that we told the family about that we are expecting. Alex waited until the last possible moment to tell them and actually his dad had to start it off for him!! He is so funny. He didn't want to tell his parents either.
When we got home from Grammies we decided we'd better call my Oma and Opa and tell them about the baby. They seemed to be pretty excited about it. I told my Opa first and he just laughed and he said he knew that was going to happen sometime soon. Oma was pretty happy, but I am sure she couldn't believe it! She said the thought it would happen but she didnt think it would be that soon. I dont think it happened really soon - I mean, I know people who have gotten pregnant on their honeymoon!! At least it wasn't that soon for us!! Oma and Opa said they weren't happy at all because when they become great-grandparents that means they are going to be old. I told them they can be called something else if it will make them feel less old!!!
So in the next couple of days I have to call my aunt and tell her. I wonder what shes going to say??
In other news we finally got plane tickets so that we can go out west in May and visit Valerie. We are pretty excited about that! We are also going to be going to Conneticut in May for Jordan's wedding -AHH- and then late May we are going to the Mountains with my parents and for our Anniversary. It's so crazy that we are coming up on a year being married... it seems like longer, but also that it hasnt been that long too - weird, huh? And then five months later, we will be parents. CRAZY.......

No comments: