Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our Peanut


On Thursday, March 27 we went to our first doctor appointment. It was a really amazing experience. We went in and they did a sonogram and we got to see our little peanut and hear its heartbeat! It was so surreal, but also the coolest thing I've ever experienced. To actually see the little baby that's growing in my tummy.... wow. I was just in total aww. When we heard its heartbeat, I just felt this rush of emotion come over me and tears came to my eyes. Alex and I made that little life - we made it. I never ever thought that I could do something that is so big and so important.

Our due date is October the 25th..... YAY!! So in about 7 more months we are going to have a new little family member! One of the craziest things is that from then on and for the rest of eternity, we will always be parents. I can't even imagine what that's going to be like, but I know it is an experience I will always be grateful for.



Alex is pretty excited too. I think he gets more and more excited as the time goes on. He thinks its going to be boy, which is what my family is pulling for. I don't really care what it is.... I wouldn't mind having either a boy or a girl. We should be able to find out at our next appointment, I'll update after that!!


3 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

HELLO...Congradulations! That is so crazy, i'm very happy for you!

Mary Mitchell said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting! That's so fun. Babies are awesome!

Daydreamer... said...

congrats! I hope you guys are doing well. I am very happy for you guys and I bet so is the rest of the family.