Sunday, May 2, 2010

April

So, I guess I need to update for journaling purposes if nothing else though I feel like there hasnt really been anything major this past month. I know there are moments that I put off writing about so here's an overview of what happened with us in April...

It was actually quite a busy month... my parents came down the first weekend of April for Easter and it was so much fun!! This was really Avery's first Easter... I mean, he was around last year but unable to participate in the fun so I'm not sure it really counts?! Anyway, they always do way over the top things for Holidays here in Celebration so you can imagine that a huge Easter Egg Hunt took place. And the best part? It happened right across the street from where we live - do you believe that?! We got incredibly lucky because they were going to have the hunt at another park closer to downtown Celebration, but it had rained and stormed pretty hard for a couple of days prior; they moved it to our park because not all the water had drained from the other one as quickly as expected.... it was amazing. Avery was completely into it and he was so great at "egg hunting!" It was literally just a field full of eggs... but, pretty logical for a 0-3 age group, right?! He picked up the eggs and put them in his basket, as if he was a pro :)

He took a picture with the Easter Bunny and didn't shed one single tear. I guess I just couldnt believe it because my parents always talk about how I freaked when I was a baby taking pictures with the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.
So my parents left on Sunday and on Monday morning my very good friend Brooke flew down for a visit while she as on spring break and stayed for four days. We had an awesome time hanging out at the pool pretty much every day and making a trip to the beach one day. It was sad to see her go! Brooke left Friday and about two hours later Alex's mom and Valerie arrived... does it get any crazier?! Val and I went on bike rides, all us girls (and Avery) went shopping, we played putt putt and enjoyed a couple of dinners out.
(Alex and I love it when our parents come, it's about the only time we ever get to enjoy dinner at a restaurant. Thanks to our parents to treating us to a few delicious meals every once and a while!! )

So, Alex's family left us on Wednesday morning - Avery and I in tow. We decided to hit home for an extended stay!! It was sad to leave poor Alex by himself, but since I've never been away from my family for very long I was in desperate need of a trip home and was provided the perfect opportunity. I got to enjoy 10 awesome days in Athens. Avery and I were able to spend time with both sides of the family as well as being able to see some very close friends while in town. I had so much fun playing cards with my family, watching the first ten episodes of Glee with Valerie, going to the movies - twice, being able to go back to KRK and visit with some of my favorite ex-co-workers (lol) and Barberitos - twice :) We do not have a Barbs or anything close here in Orlando... so I really had to get as much of that as possible. Delicious.

So ten days later Avery and I flew home. Alex picked us up and we went straight from the airport to downtown Disney to meet our friends Nicole and David... we are SO committed to our friends!?! They were in town for the weekend and luckily we were able to have a little visit with them before they headed home on Sunday. Really great to see you guys, and we will be taking you up on your offer to let us stay with you!! Next time, you'll stay with us?

That pretty much hits it for like, the whole month.... It was insane but really comforting to have all those people around me. I'm lucky that we can afford to have me stay home with Avery right now... but it definitely has it's drawbacks at times. With Alex in school and working full-time adult interaction is at all time low for me... having people here visiting every once and while helps me keep my sanity and it definitely makes me appreciate our families and everything they do/have done for us.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

You forgot our visit. It may not have happened in April, but it did happen. You remember?