Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Little bit of Everything

So first I wanna start off by saying this was my first season watching the Bachelor. Jake picked Vienna in the end.... I keep having to say it to believe it. It's not my place to judge Vienna; I don't truly know what kind of person she is. And who knows what Jake really felt toward either of the girls... Maybe it was just a more special feeling with Vienna. All I wanna say is how she was portrayed (either by her own doing or by ABC's, I don't know) was not a person that seemed ready for something long term and just a little immature. I felt as if the only reason he didn't feel the same thing for Tenley was because she wasn't all over him everytime they were together. There is NO difference between physical and sexual chemistry. Tenley deserves better.
Another thing I want to say is that I am SO glad that Ali is the next Bachelorette, although I thought it should be Ella, I do feel like Ali deserves it. I think if she hadn't gone home, she would have ended up being the one with the ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In terms of how we are doing here in Celebration, FL things are going about as well as they can be. I am not working, but I have started babysitting for a family here in Celebration. They are really nice, quirky organic people and they have two kids - a 3.5yr old girl and a 2yr old boy. So, I am putting my very expensive education to good use! I am planning to look for a pre-k position maybe during the summer, but I guess all that depends on a few different variables. I do LOVE being at home though. I have been trying to work on several different crafts to sell at a boutique shop owned by a friend of a family member. I will be meeting with her here in a couple weeks, and I am a little worried because Avery is at the age where if I am doing something besides giving him my attention he cries for me. SO, I can only work on things when he's sleeping. Plus, my sewing machine does not always like to cooperate with me...
Alex has finally started working at Marriott, once he got offered the job we ended up having to wait like three weeks before he started. Yesterday was his first day and today he starts his regular schedule of working late nights; we are looking at him being gone almost 60hrs week between his two jobs and school. We will miss him!!
The one thing that I really wanna share though is about some really great blessings that we have recieved.
I was asked to be a part of the Women at the Well for our Relief Society birthday celebration coming up here in a week. I never really got into Reflief Society functions back home; I have to say that I didn't really feel comfortable there. Let me explain: I converted to the church right before my 18th birthday, so I wasn't ever really in Young Womens and I was almost immediately called to the Primary, so I didn't make a home in the RS and I always felt like the youngest person in the room. To be honest, I still feel a little like that but I am so excited to be a part of this and I feel like it will be a great opportunity for me to start feeling a little more at home in the Relief Society.
I have already been given a calling. I will be assisting with the activity days for the girls age 8-10. This is an age group that I'm not really experienced with and I am glad that I will be getting to know some great girls and also learning a lot for myself as well. Wish me luck!
Some of my favorite testimonies are ones that have inspired me. I find myself in the same situation as some of those sisters that have touched my heart. Since we moved we have barely been making it because of Alex not starting at work till yesterday; of course he had no control over it but we just didn't know how we were going to pay these bills that we were going to have for two months. We are so greatful that our parents could help us but certainly we couldn't keep asking them for money when we know they are struggling too. We got a bill for our car insurance and we just didn't know how we were going to come up with 221 dollars by the 1st of March. We'd been praying for help but we still couldn't find a way to come up with the money. Yesterday, the bill was due. Alex walks in with the mail and shows me something we'd recieved from our previous insurer from Georiga. A check for 278 dollars. There is no other way to explain it except that Heavenly Father was there when we needed Him most. Listening to testimonies of faith and paying tithing have strengthened my testimony of these things and my family has blessings to show for it.

1 comment:

Jared and Katy said...

That is an inspiring story, very uplifting...thanks jessica for that great story