Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jobs?!?

So, most of you know we just moved to Or.lando for Alex to go to school here at UCF. We have been here about a month and things are going pretty well... except for we have no income!! We have both been searching fervently for jobs in this area but so far not much has come of it. Did we make the wrong decision in moving during a time where jobs are so scarce? This is what Alex really wanted to do but now we are thinking maybe we should've compromised for a program at a school closer to home.... and not that I'm think I'm too good for some of the jobs that are "advertised" but now that I have my degree I'm at the point where if I have to get a job I don't really wanna settle for something with crappy hours and pay. Not to mention that daycare is also something that I have to consider when job hunting.... Guys be honest - am I expecting too much??
If you have an job hunting tips that you care to share - please please please feel free to do so, we appreciate any help we can get!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Orlando is not a good place to be looking for jobs :( There is just not a lot of good stuff out there, especially down by y'all. David had to get a part time job at Downtown Disney but it was TERRIBLE so I don't recommend that. I'll keep my eyes open, good luck!!

And sorry we didn't end up getting together last time. Next time, for sure!

Charis said...

You guys snuck out of here. Sorry we did not get to say good bye! Hope you're loving it and the perfect jobs come your way soon!