Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Strasburg...a soon to be household name.

1.24 , 11. 87.1, 48, 17, and 164. No those are not my winning Mega Millions numbers. But they will get Stephen Strasburg millions of dollars on June 9th at the MLB Draft. The only thing the Nationals have going for them is that they have the first pick, and man do they need it. Strasburg has a 1.24 ERA which for a college pitcher is great. He has 11 wins in 12 starts. His 11th win came last Friday were he threw his first no hitter of the season. Strasburg has pitched 87.1 innings that's an average of 7.25 per start. It gets better...these last three are the "money balls". 48 - that's the number of hits he has given up - yes that 48. Now 17 what could that be....how about walks. The Braves pitching staff has given up the same number of walks in the last 5 games. This stat is by far my favorite...164 strikeouts! That's almost 14 a game. (I hear K-mart is looking into an ad campain). He has faced just 299 batters so far and 164 have made a slow walk back to the dugout. Keep an eye on this kid. I can't wait till next season when the Braves and Nationals meet and Tommy Hanson faces Strasburg.


I don't write on here much but I could talk sports all day and night long. There is a lot going on right now with MLB, the NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs, and all the other sports. I need more TVs or what about a sport talk radio show...I like that. Then I would have to watch all the game for work and get paid for it all. Untill then I'll just vent here.







No comments: