Sunday, December 11, 2011

Another year has gone by...

Soooo, I've made several attempts to post to our blog only to never finish any of them and now I've spent a whole year with a resolution to be better at keeping up with it and I'm pretty sure I've actually done worse. :-) Resolutions are not a good idea for me. I have such a hard time making a resolution that I can follow through on. Oh well....

So our review:
It seemed like the year went by so slow but here it is mid-December and I can't believe the year is almost over.
Little A turned 3 this year. He's gotten so BIG and tries to be a good helper most of the time! He loves to go to Disney World aka "Mickey's house". He rode his first roller-coaster about two weeks ago and he LOVED it!! I was scared the whole time that he was going to fly out of the seat so I held on to him for dear life, but once it was over he didn't want to get off. He also loves to go play at his friends house, but recently got into a scuffle with their dog. He had two cuts on his nose and one on the inside of his upper lip - it was very traumatic when it happened, but the next morning he was ready to go back over to their house. :-) Little A also loves Disney/Pixar movies, trains, cars, and reading books. He has recently taken to daddy's ipad and Alex is afraid that he's lost some ownership of it! A's favorite foods are Nutrigrain bars, cheese, and yogurt; and he LOVES apple juice and milk shakes (I might add that he hasn't yet figured out that chocolate milk and a milkshake are two different things!! This definitely works in my favor!). But I often find it very hard to get him to eat much of anything else. He is very mischievous at times - but he's a boy, right?! He is too smart for his own good (this does not work in my favor!!).

For Alex... well he's down to only having a year left to finish his Bachelors degree and then we are unsure what we are going to do, but our hopes and dreams are to move back towards Athens :-) He recently got a promotion at work. He is now the Guest Care Coordinator for the Orlando World Center Marriott... so he spends his evenings mostly dealing with complaints ha-ha. He and his friend Jared are also in the process of starting their own business: DormBoxes. Their website should be up and running soon as they would like to launch and have everything ready to open doors beginning Summer 2012. He stays pretty busy with work, school, church stuff, and this business venture but he loves those crazy shows about pickin' and gold digging and buying storage space.... it beats me..... :-)

As for myself, I have to say this year has been pretty good. Nothing amazing happened but nothing terrible either. I got prepared and took my teacher certification test early in the year, looked all summer and fall for a job and finally just last month I decided to take the Sub-workshop... so far I've had no luck what-so-ever. Things got pretty bad at the center where I was working so after much deliberation, and prayer... and a few in depth discussions with Alex... we decided that it would just be better if I left. I quit and am now at home with A. I am waiting to either find a position somewhere or possibly have another baby... I am just not sure what the Lord has in store right now. I love getting to make cool clothing and accessories, baby gear, blankets, home decorations... but I wish it could be profitable. My good friend Nikki and I have opened an etsy shop: OliveandPomegranate though we have hardly any merchandise yet. If interested keep looking out for new things, we would definitely appreciate the business!! Otherwise, I am just looking to enjoy this time with my little boy :-)

Though I am often a pessimistic person or what I like to call a "realist" lol I do like to look back and think of what I have to be grateful for... especially at this time of year. My good friend lost her dad in November and I can't even imagine what that is like, but I know that this life isn't the end and they will see each other again. I'm grateful for my family and that I have them everyday - I often take them for granted and hope that they know how much I DO love and appreciate them. I'm grateful for health, for the place and the lifestyle I get to live. I am so thankful that Jesus Christ was born and that he was willing to be our Savior.

My hopes for the New Year are:
To definitely keep this blog up at a much better pace, but I'm not making it a resolution!!
To possibly get my feet wet in the school system so that where ever we may end up I will be more prepared for a "real job" IF that is what Heavenly Father has planned for me.
To possibly welcome another little Perschka to the world... ?!
To "settle down" somewhere... fairly close to home (in a home of our own?)

Those are just a few... Check back soon for photos and hopefully I will promptly post about our Christmases with the family :-)

No comments: