Thursday, December 4, 2008

Car Chat

We have recently realized that my vehicle is probably going to die soon. This morning I was leaving to go to school and it wouldn't start. We are thinking it may just be the battery and we can jump it off.... but who knows what will follow that. This could be the beginning of the end. We never know. When things come up, we try not to talk bad about it because when we do - things usually get worse! Does any one else believe that cars have their own personality!? :)

So, with this realization every now and then we'll check around and see what kind of deals are out there... especially right now when dealerships are trying to get rid of cars left and right. Unfortunately, we can't afford TOO much. It's a real bummer when something like this happens and you're both poor college students with a new baby.

Anyhow, while I was at school this morning Alex spent some time looking online to see what he could find. Not that we are car shopping, we'll probably just jump my battery and go from there. Whatever happens, happens. But, he was looking around and when I got home he thought he'd show me. We've found that places that list cars online dont always put the price because they want you to contact them - of course. Well, we don't really want to contact anyone, we just want to know the price - you know, why get your hopes up for something that will just let you down. If I have to call to get the price, I may just be really disappointed when I find out its WAY out our price range....

Moving on.... we were at this one site and it had this icon that you could click on to talk to a representative. Alex and I looked at eachother and then he clicked. What the HECK!! It was totally an instant message chat box. Alex was chatting with this lady about the car. Unbelievable. It ultimately came down to her asking him for his information so she could call him, but I thought it was really funny that they talking in this chat like ol' buds. Haha. It's amazing the things you can do these days.

So, I'm pretty sure we are asking our families for donations to our new (well, new for us) car fund this year for Christmas... Keeping Avery safe is a lot more important than gifts, and I certainly don't want to be stranded on the side of the road with a baby and a dead car.

Wish us luck, that my little clunker doesn't die soon. :)

No comments: