Sunday, July 20, 2008

Stone Mountain

Ok... for those of you who have prevoiously read the last post, I want to apologize for the light pink font color. I didn't realize it would be so hard to read. I have changed it - and I promise I won't use that color again!!!

So, on Friday our good friends Jared and Katy invited us to go to the Stone Mountain laser show. It had been a really long and stressful week, Alex and I both having several things to do for summer classes were really exhausted and we actually thought about not going. BUT, we hadn't hung out with Jared and Katy for a long time and we thought it might be something fun and relaxing to do after such a crazy week.
Jared and Katy picked us up around seven and we headed out to see the show. Along the way we stopped to get something for dinner. ~ let me just break off here and ask, those of you who have been pregnant or are pregnant, does it seem like people are always trying to make you pick where to eat?! ... becuase EVERYONE does that to me! ~ so anyway, they wanted me to pick where we stopped. Katy picked KFC because I couldn't decide and I am just tired of picking!! :)
After going inside and then debating on whether we should go somewhere else, we finally ordered - and it was pretty good choice. I must say that truly I am not really a KFC person, but I will admit that after going the other night I would probably go again - to a nice one.
After we were all full, we got back on the road and made it to Stone Mountain in no time! We walked for what seemed like miles, before we finally got to a great spot - it just happened to be in the smoking section - YUCK. It wasn't too bad - I mean, people weren't smoking the whole time and there was a breeze so the smoke didn't linger.
The show finally got started and WOW - because we were sitting so close to the front it was really LOUD. I hope Avery isn't going to be scared of loud sounds/fire works once he's born!! The show was really good; but it seemed to be over so fast. Afterwards we gathered all of our stuff and trecked back to the car.
On the way home we decided we wanted some ice cream and we luckily found a baskin and Robins that was open till 11:59.... but when we went up to the door to try and go inside it was LOCKED!! What?!? We looked inside and the Indian lady working there kept motioning for us to go in the drive thru - we didn't understand. No where was there a sign that said the inside wasn't open and the drive thru was - in fact, the neon sign on the door was lit up and it said OPEN!! Well, this made us a little angry and we decided that because we couldn't go inside, we weren't getting ice cream there! So we ended up going to McDonalds :)
Pretty soon we were back in Athens and the Reeves were dropping us off at our door! I am so glad we got to go. Thanks for inviting us, Jared and Katy!

Here are the pictures!
Katy and I before the show started!
Alex and Jared trying to dance....
Just a few of the pretty fireworkes!!
The mountain at night time... awwJared and Katy, dancing after the show... how sweet!

1 comment:

Jared and Katy said...

HAHA I didn't know you got a snap shot of us dancing, that is really funny! Thanks for coming with us we had fun!